Friday, August 14, 2009

Departure day and trip blessing



Ok....I am on my first day on the road....but wait...It was just this morning after a good night of sleep that I woke-up (earlier than Betty) and I was making coffee for her like our first date.

The odometer reads 57574 kms at 10:16 AM of August 14th 2009, this is the start of this adventure.

And all the sudden, There I was, on the 11 AM ferry to Vancouver.

On my way to John’s house for my trip blessing, my brain started to go on and on about ten thousand subjects, looking for all the answers at once. Then I realized it was near 2 pm and with no breakfast on my stomach, I was getting grumpy....time to stop !!!!

I was not until I got to John Caplin’s house I realized I just did my first 100 kms and I was tensed. After an good cup of coffee (Made in Guatemala from people in need) I was able to settle down a bit.

John was honor because I have chosen him to bless my trip. He kindly selected two items for me to carry on my trip, a Poem and a Song.

A Traveling Prayer Poem (By Eva)

Dear Heavenly Father, be with me I pray.
Thanks You for guarding me night and day.
Thank You for Your peace that blankets me.
As I travel the airways, the Byways, and sea.
Help me to fulfill my mission without delay.
Lead me and guide me each step of the way.
That I may return safely to my friends and family.
Thanks You, dear LORD, for traveling with me.


Psalm 121 (A song for worship)

I look to the hills! Where will I find Help?
It will come from the LORD, who created the heavens and the earth.
The LORD is you protector, and he won’t go to seep or let you stumble.
The protector of Israel doesn’t doze or ever get drowsy.
The LORD is you protector, there at your right side to shade you from the sun.
You won’t be harmed by the sun during the day or by the moon a night.
The LORD will protect you and keep you save from all dangers
The LORD will protect you and now and always where you go.

http://www.johnfcaplin.com/

After the blessing the ride seems endless with peace and all those thought went away. I am sure someone will be watching my back in this trip.

Now I am at the door stairs of Steve’s house waiting for him to arrive. Soon, early in the morning I will heading for my first serious riding as I am plaining to arrive Provo UT by Sunday night.
Posted by Picasa
free counters