Friday, January 29, 2010

A day in Salta

A day in Salta.

V and I spent a day in Salta following our passions.

Victor worked on Plata (wash, oil change). Once the mud was removed from Plata, he discovered that the front rim is very bent and will need to be repaired.

I had a manicure, got lost in the city streets but eventually circled back to the museums and window shopping. I learned how to cross streets without traffic lights. (Despite the heavy traffic, there are no signals outside a few inner city blocks. To me its simply a game of "chicken.")

At 1:00 the city shuts down for a siesta, even cafes are closed, and the city does not start again until 5:30 - 6:00. One thing that caught me by surprise is how cool the plazas are despite the 38 C temperature. The plazas are a nice place to hang out to people watch.






Posted by Picasa
free counters