Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ruta 40 and the Patagonia


My father's plan was to travel by car to visit my sister in the south in Puerto San Julian on the Atlantic Coast for New Years. Since we both had the same objective, I decided to join him by driving in his car, as opposed to continuing with my motorcycle.
We began to drive from Cordoba. We quickly entered Pantagonia of great distances with small rolling hills in the horizon. There is nothing.Posted by PicasaWhen I mean nothing....I mean NOTHING. ZERO.
The 2,300 km from Cordoba to Puerto San Julian took us two days by sharing the driving. On the bike, this would have taken me four hours...I mean days.
Some sections of Pantagonia are extremely windy. I saw some bikers but I do not regret sharing the last leg of my trip with my family.
When we arrived at Puerto San Julian we saw my sister Maria Ellena. Puerto San Julian is a miliary base. This was the centre for the jet fighters in the south end conflict of the 1980s.
free counters